Monday, June 24, 2013

Aloha Monday

                                Photo: Sheila Louise

Sometimes we never know where were gonna land.  Is it a smooth or bumpy flight?  I am truly thankful to be where I am at today.  I'm safe, alive, I have food and shelter.  I have all the basics taken care of.  I am 173 days sober from alcohol and I would like to give thanks to my sobriety for my success.  It brought me back to the music with so much more to write about.  Pleasure and pain with so much more to gain.  Learn from your mistakes and try not to make them twice or three times.  No pun intended.  

Life has been good to me.  I am 31 years old, alive and healthy.  Some of the abuse I put my body through was catastrophic in my opinion.  The fact that I survived gives me the determination and desire to keep going forward.  There is no point in giving up after coming so far.  I made a solid commitment to myself and to those I love that my downward spiral would stop.  Something deep down inside made everything click like a seat belt.  Most of all, I am happy.  I am going to make the best of my life being optimistic and open minded.  Let trouble come another day.  Not today.  Today is special and I am thankful.  Humbled by the strength of our thoughts and what they manifest.  The mind is a terrible thing to waste.  Don't spend too much time thinking your life away. Take action and live in the moment.  The only thing that matters is what is going on right now.  What's your next move...

 May your day go in peace

Sun Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment