Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Aloha Tuesday

                                                                   Photo: Sheila Louise

I always wonder how my life would have turned out if I ended up going to West Point Military Academy for college.  I was accepted to the Air Force Academy as well.  I received my nomination by the Congressman.  What stopped me...I couldn't score high enough on the SAT.  I have lived a very fortunate life and not scoring high enough probably saved my life in the long run. I thought I had my life all planned out, but things changed and I've been living on plan B since then.  Plan B, is living in the moment and adjusting to life as it comes at you.  I am thankful that this is the way my life turned out.  Thank god I am a horrible test taker and bombed the SAT like 9 times.  I could never break a 1000.  I think it wasn't a good way to determine success by taking the test anyways.  I did well in college and I don't think my SAT score should have been a way to determine success in college.  

Sometimes plans just change.  It's fate...now I'm cruising life in Ojai and couldn't be happier.  Sometimes things turn out the way they are supposed to regardless of plans and preparation.  

Enjoy the ride, one love...

Sun Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment