Thursday, January 16, 2014

Investment

It takes money to make money. If you truly want to pursue a career in music be prepared to spend some money. Nothing in the music business is free. No matter how talented you are. I learned this in 2009 when I had my first experience in a real studio. You definitely get what you pay for. You must be willing to spend money if you want high quality material. I know now anyone can set up a home studio. But honestly you sacrifice quality of not having a professional educated engineer. That is very crucial. Music is a very expensive and shady business.  You never know who your real friends are because it all comes down to money. I cover the rent, food and bills. Anything left over goes towards my music career. I sacrifice everything for my career. I usually end up broke in the end...but it is all worth it. Every penny counts. So if this is your choice of career be prepared to invest in yourself. How can anyone take you seriously if you aren't willing to take yourself seriously. Believe in yourself and others will believe in you. This is a tough business and you must be willing to have thick skin and be prepared for the unexpected. I'm grateful to have Ronnie Kings support. But he does not work for free. That's just the way it goes. So please don't think I'm someone special. It takes money to make money. The music is worth it to me. Thank you for stopping by and may your day go in peace.

One love

Abel Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment