Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Everything is all good...




Do you see the negative from a situation or an opportunity?
We always have a choice to make when any situation approaches us.  You know for so long I had always seen the negative first.  I was a trained pessimist since childhood.  I just feel it was the generation of its time.  Things really changed in 2008 after I started reading some books that had an influential meaning to me.  I began to experience things with a heightened awareness. 

The Power of Now had a really huge impact on me.  The way my life was moving was very incredible.  I had an overwhelming sense of joy and the things in my life were looking very positive.
I went from living on a couch to moving to Newport Beach with my own place.  It was an amazing feeling.  But then almost an entire year later I lost it all.  Thank God for the support I had.  But I had lost my positive energy and resorted to my old preconditioned ways.  

That all changed suddenly a month and a half ago.  I had made the decision to quit drinking alcohol.  I am Native American (Ojibwe), and we tend not to be able to control drinking alcohol as good as others.  So I had to quit or I was about to lose everything.  Sober 41 days today.  Everything seemed to work itself out once I made the change.  My optimism is back and I have created awesome music.  I couldn't be happier.  A lot of things can happen with change.  It may be scary, but I know its great to see the results.

So don't be afraid, because there is always room for improvement.

Aloha,


A.G.

1 comment:

  1. Gigs what it is ha lol congrats on the sobriety homie your boy JP from the D

    ReplyDelete