Tuesday, July 16, 2013

2 days to the show

                                                                     Art: Adam Santana

 It's like a warrior getting ready for battle.  Preparation has begun weeks ago weeding out all my tracks to get my set list perfect.  This is my work and my livelihood, music is not just a hobby it's a profession.  Treat your work as your profession and be a professional.  If your gonna do something, do it right.  Presentation is everything.  Go about your business and treat your movement like your business.  The music business is very competitive, everyone wants to be the best.  Bottom line, it is hard work.  Just like anything we wanna do in life, it's gonna take hard work. 

I know I went to college to go on to Law School, but things just happened to change course.  Before I had graduated, I had already landed a great job in the banking sector.  Forget Law School, I wanted to make some money.  So I went to work.  I was just very happy to finally get my own place in Laguna Beach and I was making great money.  I always played music on my guitar and now 10 years later this has become my profession.  Things just turned out this way because I love music and when I am playing and singing it gives me a rush of adrenaline.  I know there was a lot of bullshit in between now and then, but it was worth the fight.  I appreciate all the lessons I have learned and all my experiences shaped me into the person I am today.  I am humble and grateful to still be alive and healthy.  I will be 32 years old this month and as I look back and reflect on my life, I will realize that everything I have done got me to this point where I am today.  The good and the bad.  But I would like to say the good out weighs the bad and its time for Good Karma.  If you look back into my discography, the titles of my albums and songs tell the story of my life.  My first album Addicted Melodies, 2nd album, Devil's Playground, 3rd album Good Karma and my current album, It's all good.  The titles of the albums pretty much say it all.  I'm in a great place right now.  No worries...
so are you.

One love,

Sun Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment