Saturday, January 11, 2014

Confession

I know my blogs are always positive and uplifting, but you have no idea what I've gone thru to get to this point. After I finished graduating from UC Irvine things were going very well. Great job good money. It was more than I could ever ask for.  But then tragedy happened in my family and it led me to a path of self destruction. It was a battle that I wasn't strong enough to over come. Then in 2009 things seemed like they were finally coming back together until I lost my mind. I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. I had been dealing with it since 2005 untreated. Until September of 2009 I had a full blown episode after I had just signed a record deal. There were so many factors that contributed to my break. I was finally hospitalized and they got me on meds. When I finally snapped out of it I realized whoa that was the first time In 4 years I felt back to normal. It was a bumpy road of trial and error to get me on the right meds. But the battle against the schizophrenia was the toughest thing I have ever dealt with in my life. Still to this day everyday is a battle. At one point I just accepted it. I quit making music and I was lost. It wasn't until 2013 that I finally felt comfortable to put myself back out there. And I also met an amazing woman who is now my fiance who was the greatest inspiration I've ever had. And now were in 2014 and I finally battled back my way in the music business. That's just a summary of what I went through. The details would take too long to write about. So just know this...if I could battle back from this debilitating disease. I believe anything is possible. I hope my story someday will inspire others to never give up regardless of the circumstances. The schizophrenia will always be there but I choose to not let it defeat me. So whatever your dealing with remember somebody always has it worse. Make the best of your situation and stay positive. I thank God for the strength and courage it took to battle back. But I'm here alive and doing well. If I can do it...anybody can. Stay strong my friends. Thank you for stopping by.  May your day go in peace.

One love

Abel Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment