Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Let it burn...


UnityFactor Pictures, Images and Photos



The pages of my past, burn into ashes irrelevant to the situation at hand. Progress has been made spiritually and every moment...is relatively a new moment.

Appreciation for life is at an all time high and honestly it shows...

Lately, I have experienced various prejudices while staying in Newport Beach...

I really stand out living here to be honest with you...that is why is chose to move back to this beautiful city, besides the beautiful women, good waves, peaceful vibes and great opportunity...its heaven.

However, some people cannot see beyond the color of my skin. I remember experiencing this while living here in early 2000's, while going to University Ca, Irvine. I worked as a server at The Rusty Pelican, a very nice, upscale seafood restaurant, right on the water in Newport Beach. I remember at times when some ignorant people would assume I did not speak English and were shocked this Mexican young man was in charge of their dining experience...trust me it was a humbling experience to know people were not afraid to distinguish color and class in a public restaurant...interesting...talk about class...

Fast forward years later...I am on my beach cruiser, cruising the boardwalk....keep in mind, I'm dark skinned, wearing diamond earrings and a Louis Vuitton belt...I stand out, not by choice, I'm just being me.
As I am passing several people, I hear a man say...

"how does that wetback have diamond earrings, who is he fooling..."


The insecure side of me is telling me to turn around and kick this guys ass...

The Mature side of me is telling me, its not your fault, keep cruising...

So I continue my journey and smile...its obvious...ignorant people see me as a threat...I take it as a compliment. Can't ignore reality nonetheless.

I guess it is my fault for seeing things the way I do...I'm only human...

Were all one kine...the human kine

Aloha Hump Day,

Abel


No comments:

Post a Comment