Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Aloha Wednesday


Where are you at spiritually?

I recently had the chance to work on some music with the Torres-Martinez Tribe in the Coachella Valley. It was an amazing opportunity singing in the church of the Native Americans. We worked on two new songs that they will sing during worship. After the music session we all got into deep conversation with the Tribal Minister. I had the opportunity to express some personal things that I am battling with my mental health. They were all devastated to hear what I was going through, so we prayed. It was the deepest praying I had ever experienced, it lasted about ten minutes. I felt so rejoiced on the words and the meditation it brought to me. They blessed me on my musical journey with my Producer Ronnie King. I was so thankful, because upon meeting them I was a complete stranger and at the end we were all like best friends, like a brotherhood. I have been invited to the reservation with open arms and I feel proud of it. They are powerful people.

There are plenty of things we take for granted in this world. Many of us are lacking spiritual values and many of us are not. It is always best to take time to speak with our creator and pray. After all, God has created this beautiful place for us to live. I'll admit at times I have had my doubts, but my time with the Torres Martinez Tribe solidified my decision. It all made sense to me and I felt empowered after my blessings. We must take the time to appreciate the beauty of this world, the many exciting things it has to offer and all the talents and love we have been blessed with. It makes us who we are today. We are strong people and we must value that. With that said make sure you make it an appreciative day.


Aloha Wednesday,

Abel G.

No comments:

Post a Comment