Monday, June 14, 2010

Aloha Monday


Confrontation...

We all must deal with confrontation in our lives whether good or bad. It makes us who we are and most definitely shows our true character as individuals. I do my best personally to avoid conflict and overall try and live a drama free life. But the music business is a crazy business and there is plenty of confrontation between record labels, other artists and the general business overall. I find myself going to battle in order to follow my dreams of being a successful recording artist in this industry. Trust me, it can be difficult sometimes. I usually keep a solid foundation and prevail when it comes to these situations, but it never fails to encounter shady people in this business. Everyone is out for their money, bottom line. The music business is just like any other business, which revolves around money. There is nothing for free, everyone must get paid. There are the studios, engineers, mixers, masters, producers, musicians, managers, publicists, photographers, and we cannot forget about the labels. You only make money if your making them money. There is a constant pressure to stay focused and maintain marketability. There is a fine line between who is hot and who is not.

Presently I am doing my job well with what I am working with. I have a solid team of people backing me as well as investors, the people who invest their time and money into my music. It is a very intricate process from start to finish and takes a lot of discipline and dedication. I do my best to stay level headed when it comes to the business aspect of things which can be very tiresome. Like I said, everyone wants their money. This can easily relate to anyone who is involved in business matters and confrontation. Be wise and do not take things personal because business is business. It is best not to burn any bridges and take out frustrations on the people who support you, because in the end that's all you have. So keep your support network thriving and everything will come together like it is supposed to.

I just felt like touching base on the music business today and explore the concept of confrontation.

Aloha Monday,


Abel G.

No comments:

Post a Comment