Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Stars falling from the sky

                                                                   Photo: Sheila Louise

I look back on early 2010 when I was actually considering to quit making music and playing shows.  I wanted fall off the map.  I deleted my facebook, changed my phone number and vanished.  I was really caught up with my mental illness and didn't really have a grip on reality.  It was terrible and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't beat it.  The medications weren't working.  Life was not cool.  It really had a hold on my life, it sucked.  I mean seriously, I love music, and to even look back and think that I wanted to quit, just bums me out.  Just put it into perspective, I was going to give up music because of fear of the unknown.  What a waste. 

But I also look back and think about how far I have come.  I never thought I was going to be able to pull myself out of that hell, it was terrible.  But hey the past is the past and its time to move on.  Now I'm playing shows and working on my second album this year.  I just love how good life can be with a little motivation and a change of scene.  I thank Sheila for helping boost my confidence up and pushing me to do what I love.  Sobriety has also contributed to my success.  I'm 32 years old, trying to do it right and be someone my son can look up to in the years to come.  I need to be a good father, bottom line. 

This blog dates back to 2009 and you can read the columns since then...check out the evolution of my life.  I hope I can inspire you.

One Love,  

Sun Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment