Friday, August 9, 2013

Love and support

                                                                   Photo: Sheila Louise

How strong is your support system?  Do you have a support system at all?  My support system starts here in my home.  The environment is so beautiful to be surrounded by the mountains.  Life is peaceful and consistently stable.  My lady and I have one another for a support system.  We are a team trying to make it work in this new generation of technology.  Instant information at your fingertips.  We made the decision to stop drinking together.  No one has ever made a sacrifice like that in my life.  Now that's love..real love.  We got each other's back in a real way.  So here we are now 219 days free of alcohol and there is so much clarity in our relationship.  The clarity of my life is what I appreciate the most.  I feel as though I am making wise decisions when I am confronted with an issue.  Rather than get drunk to feel numb to life, I'd rather keep on moving forward.  Onto the next one.  But its like I don't even have any problems anymore sober.  Things are just minor and are all apart of a bigger plan.  I have accepted the fact that there is nothing wrong with change.  I'm 32 years old and can proudly say it has been one hell of a ride to be where I am at today.  I think of all the people I have met throughout my life and I feel blessed to have such great friends.  Better yet, I have a very great support system in my family as well.  Some people call it luck...I call it a kick in the ass and getting my shit together like a man should.  I learned that from my father and grandfather my whole life.  My 20's were all about fun and enjoying life.  Now in my 30's my focus is setting myself up financially so I can be comfortable for the rest of my life and buying my condo in Princeville Kauai.  I will still keep my place here in Ojai as well.  I just want to be able to always be inspired by beauty and mother nature.  I have goals set in life and I'm hoping 5 years from now I have accomplished so much more.  Like I said consistently keeping life stable.  I'm living the life I chose for myself and all my downfalls and struggles were predecessors to this moment right now.  6:48 am writing my blog for those who enjoy reading it.  Thank you so much for giving me such inspiration to keep on doing what I love. You are the greatest audience.

One love,

Sun Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment