Thursday, November 7, 2013

This Is everything

Life has come around full circle for me this past year. I have been waiting my entire life for this moment. I've mentally prepared myself for this moment. You gotta understand how far I have come since 2011. Forget that since 2009 when I was first hospitalized for psychosis from my schizophrenia. I had just signed a record deal when this happened. It was the hugest step backwards I have ever experienced. I had to regain my confidence. This was so challenging to me. I actually considered giving up music because the schizophrenia took hold of me in the worst way. 4 solid years to come back strong from this set back. I eventually got out of my record contract. 2013 has been a great year and I am so thankful I never gave up. Because now the music is better. And my setback only made me stronger. Life is tough. I'll admit living with a mental illness is not easy. That is why I read such elaborate books on changing your thinking. I have trained my mind to be strong. I chose to defeat the disease instead of it defeating me. That is my story and I'm sticking to it. I hope my story motivates you. May your day go in peace.

One love

Sun Fire aka Giizis Ishkode aka Abel Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment